Alpineroads.com-meeting 2007 "STELVIO"

Events and "things to do" you think might be of interest. Biker rallies, races, or more general interest. Not exclusively biker-related.
Karza
expert

Alpineroads.com-meeting 2007 "STELVIO"

Postby Karza » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:01 am

I have plans and schedule ready for our Alpine-tour 07, and therefore I would like to ask your opinions if the first Alpineroads.com-meeting would be in next July? :shock:

Our Finnish group will have a base in Livigno(Italy)from thursday to Sunday, 05th-8th of July 2007, in hotel La Montanina www.hotelmontanina.it 8) , so that would be the date and place for this first annual(?) meeting. :)

The name of 2007-meeting is "Stelvio", cause it is near Livigno, it`s the most popular and highiest pass around and we will visit there a few times, via different routes. :lol: :lol: We will ride also a tour to Switzerland(Bernina-Julier-San Bernardino-Fluela-Ofen,etc.)one day, and of course there will be a good parties in Livigno at that time cause it is weekend. :twisted: :twisted:

So, what You think about this? Does anyone of you would like to join us? :D

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:14 am

Due to the situation of work with my girlfreind and family, I can't commit myself until very nearly the time.

But provisionally - I'm in.

Mark
expert

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:46 am

Sounds good to me too.
I never did make it over the Stelvio this year...

BourneToRide
expert

Postby BourneToRide » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:14 pm

Sounds good to me, especially if I can tie it in with the Stella Alpina on the 8th.
How far from Livigno to Bardonecchia?
Answer from via michelin = 430km or 267 miles, of which 190 miles on motorway,
taking 5 hours. I think it should be quicker than that 8)
[img]http://website.lineone.net/~stephen_binks/ninjas/bourne.gif[/img]

Ludwig
expert

Postby Ludwig » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:58 pm

Sounds good , but I HAVE to be in Bardonecchia sat. 7th . Promised a guy from Scotland to pay his dinner if he came to the Stella Alpina next year ( the things a Scot will do for a free meal !...)
Is it correct that the Stella 2007 is on the 8th ?

BourneToRide
expert

Postby BourneToRide » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:16 pm

Always has been the 2nd sunday in july.
Could you buy him dinner on the sunday night, that way we could ride down (and up) together.
If he's a true scot he will wait quite a long time for a free meal :lol:
I will be meeting a tiger mounted jock there as well, he might even join us in Stelvio
Last edited by BourneToRide on Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://website.lineone.net/~stephen_binks/ninjas/bourne.gif[/img]

Ludwig
expert

Postby Ludwig » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:54 pm

I could let him wait , but the hungrier he gets , the more he will eat !!!
Anyway , still plenty of time for planning .
My riding companion for many years ( my brother) will also come .

Robin
formerly spheniscidine

Postby Robin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:05 am

It's pencilled in my diary. Can only be pencil at this stage, but I really hope to get down there. Probably with two or three other bikes.

I want to do the French Alps - Bonnette, Iseran, etc - so I'm just going to plot some routes now! I'm usually limited in terms of time I'm allowed away from home to a week or just over, but I don't mind doing some long, long motorway days and at least I could say I've done the Stelvio!
Expert??? Don't know where that came from. Believe me, I'm no expert!

Karza
expert

Postby Karza » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:09 pm

Gentlemen, excellent! :D :D So, we do have a deal for the date and place, good. In long winter time I will get the prices of the accomodation from the owner of the La Montanina hotel, and also the other details of our "summit". :D

I have already some ideas of the "program"(there will be!), but about them I will tell you later. :shock: :shock:
All ideas(even the good ones!)are very welcome.... :lol:

Michael J
expert

Postby Michael J » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:38 am

This could happen. I was planning on the last two weeks of June, But I could do the first two weeks in July instead.

I promised to play tour guide to a few friends who have never ridden in the Alps, and have lots of schedules to coordinate. I'm beginning to think that Rob Beach earns his money.
Michael Jordan
'86 SRX-6 (sleeping in the garage)
'03 DL-1000 (on the road in Europe)
'13 Tiger Explorer (accumulating miles)

Robin
formerly spheniscidine

Postby Robin » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:28 am

Tentative acceptance from travelling companions! I will need to wait until nearer the time to make definite plans, but time pressures may mean only one day in the area, but that will all become clearer as we get closer.

There will probably be three of us.

From the Stelvio/Livigno area, is a day trip to the Dolomites achieveable and/or recommended, taking in some of the better passes there?
Expert??? Don't know where that came from. Believe me, I'm no expert!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:12 am

For a day trip I think it is a bit far. If you're staying on the eastern side of the Stilfser/Stelvio then I think it's do-able in a LONG day. Otherwise you'll have to cross the Stelvio or the Gavia in the dark on the way back.

Karza
expert

Postby Karza » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:25 am

True. 8)

But there is so many brilliant and interesting routes around Stelvio and Livigno, that if you DONT HAVE TO do the Dolomites at the same journey, leave it for the next time and then use more days for it there. :)

The Dolomites around Arabba and Cortina are really worth it. :) :)

ssi
speaker

Postby ssi » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:09 am

I normally visit the Alps or France in late May or early June. We can find plenty of hotels with rooms then.

If we change this to early July, can anyone advise on the chances of turning up and finding hotel rooms at that time please.

Would like to meet up.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:19 am

Early July is normally fine. In fact easier than in June, as most hotels and B&Bs are open for the season, whereas in May/June a lot are still closed for thier own between-season breaks.

Return to “Events”