Anyone on a Super tenere?

Let us know what bike you ride, what do you like or hate about it .... that sort of thing.
Rasher
expert

Anyone on a Super tenere?

Postby Rasher » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:10 pm

Having another test ride on a Super Tenere this weekend and may be swapping my GS for one.

The combination in lack of faith in the BMW to be reliable and Yamaha giving away the XTZ's in the UK is making it a swap from a 2008 GS onto a 2010 Tenere a zero cost affair. I could even buy a 5 or 6 mile 2011 Tenere for under £1500 more than I would get for my GS + the farkles.

Roadscum
speaker

Re: Anyone on a Super tenere?

Postby Roadscum » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:03 pm

WOW, all I can say is the price is right on your deal!!!
I've taken a few test rides on the S10 and wanted to like it but we never bonded, something about the motor just didn't ring my bell.
Rrecently I've read that some of the motor have had problems with excessive vibration and that Yahama actually replaced the bikes. You migh want to do a little research on that.
Resently I bought a Triumph Tiger 800XC and an very pleased with it. Next week Triumph will announce the 1200 Tiger Explorer triple, a shaft drive DS that will go up against the GS, suppose to have ABS, traction control, ccruiose control, and much more. You might want to give that some consideration. Something about those triples that puts a BIG grin on my face.

Regards, Paul
'13 BMW F800 GT in Heidelberg for summer get-a-ways!
'15 BMW GSA
'12 Vespa 300 GTS
'11 BMW R12R

Rasher
expert

Re: Anyone on a Super tenere?

Postby Rasher » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:01 pm

[quote="Roadscum"]
Resently I bought a Triumph Tiger 800XC and an very pleased with it. Next week Triumph will announce the 1200 Tiger Explorer triple, a shaft drive DS that will go up against the GS, suppose to have ABS, traction control, ccruiose control, and much more. You might want to give that some consideration. Something about those triples that puts a BIG grin on my face.

I liked the triples I have ridden a lot, the problem with the new Triumph will be price, it is bound to be £12k plus and I would expect the extra's to cost a lot as well, same goes for the Honda Crosstourer - both of these are likely to tackle the BMW's and I supect with luggage na dgadgets will be closer to £15k.

I may well swap my GS for a Tenere, this way I don't lose a grand by paying over the odds from a dealer and getting a poor px value on my bike, this way I could possibly afford to trade it in against the new Triumph / Honda when they start to appear secondhand.

I have only ever bought 3 new bikes, each time they were massively discounted, and I still lost over a grand as I pushed them out the dealers door, each one I kept for 18 - 30 months and I lost around £2000 - £2500 on each one. The Yamaha at the current prices is likely to be the best deal yet, and if I do a swap I can't see me losing much more than £1k in 18 months.