Jackets/trousers for touring

Let us know what bike you ride, what do you like or hate about it .... that sort of thing.
guzzirider
speaker

Re: Jackets/trousers for touring

Postby guzzirider » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Bought a pair of Red Root armoured denim jeans a few months ago and tested them during 37 degree C days in Northern Italy and Slovenia and found them to be really comfy both on and off the bike.
Guy

Guzzi V11 Sport
Guzzi 1100 Cafe racer
Guzzi Raceco Daytona RS

Verne

Postby Verne » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:27 am

I bit the bullet and purchased a BMW Rallye 3 suit.
I knew it was good kit, I just didnt know how good.
Goretex with liners.
Pretty damm good!
And I like the colours.
Liners come out, store in panniers, not much room taken.
Loads of pockets, very well thought out, vent openers all over the place, along with liners are combinations to suit most climate ranges, unless they are extreme.
Just back from the Alps, Italy and Austria, July 2012, the suit was very good.
It rained something fierce at times and others the sun was boling, suit performed excellently.
Verne :D

Arson

Postby Arson » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:27 am

I’m on my second Rev-It textile jacket, which I’ve been using for two years (still use the old one, if necessary). It doesn’t seem to have a name that I remember but is a “3 season jacket” with outer shell, Gore-Tex line and thermal layer, both separately removable. The outer layer has mesh vents at shoulders, back and lower arms. I have been relatively comfortable in this for temperatures between 0 and 35 degrees. It has been out in the snow and once out in minus 13, which was cold. The previous version I liked, but was not as good because of the Cordura water retention and the wrist fastening were Velcro, now zips. This was quite expensive (not as much as Rukka, which my wife uses) and was top of their range for price. There are matching trousers, but for some reason, I prefer leather and I currently use Rev-It leathers which zip together with the fabric jacket and use £12 Spidi overtrousers for the rain. These are not vented and can get hot.

It seems to be difficult to find a Rev-It dealer but I have used mail order and this has worked OK for me. Trouser come in different lengths, which is good.
My old warm gloves wore out last year and I replaced with Rev-It “Alaska” gloves which seem OK. For absolute comfort, I go for Alpinestars boots & gloves, but quality and life is not so good.

Michael J
expert

Postby Michael J » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:09 am

[quote="Rasher"]After 25 years of Leathers I switched to Textiles as they are more convenient for touring.

Welcome to the 21st Century :wink: :D
Michael Jordan
'86 SRX-6 (sleeping in the garage)
'03 DL-1000 (on the road in Europe)
'13 Tiger Explorer (accumulating miles)