Yet another reason to ride in the Dolomites.

Recalls, safety announcements etc
Michael J
expert

Yet another reason to ride in the Dolomites.

Postby Michael J » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:37 am

From a local (Tai di Cadore) on the ADVRider forum:

"However, of the various places where broke something, Dolomites (and Alps too) is one of the safest : the Hospitals are clean and efficient, and more important, they are generally at the state-of-art regarding techniques, since with ski, boards and MTB users the flux of patients is very high..."

I hadn't really thought about that, but it makes a lot of sense.
Michael Jordan
'86 SRX-6 (sleeping in the garage)
'03 DL-1000 (on the road in Europe)
'13 Tiger Explorer (accumulating miles)

pingvin
expert

Re: Yet another reason to ride in the Dolomites.

Postby pingvin » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Very Professional in Vienna as well, found out in 2010 :oops: Both police and ambulance at the accident location and at hospital were execellent. Guess they're used to motorcycle accidents as well.

But Spanish (private) hospital was excellent too. They also have plenty experience with motorcycle accidents. I only had a regular travel Insurance and wasn't sure it covered off road riding. We did ride on plates and with ordinary motorcycle drivers license and technically crash happened on a public road (though, you would need a Land Rover to get up there). Anyway, as wasn't sure, I planned to say I fell in some stairs, but when came into the doctors office he said "ah, moto" before I could open my mouth. But I stuck to my story and said "no, stairs". Then after x-ray I was back into the doctors office and he said "how did you fall on moto" so he didn't believe in my story at all :lol:

Guess Norway is OK too, they do prioritize motorcyclistsat the emergency. Problem is the ambulance and hospital may be far away. it's a long country with few people...
2010 KTM 990 SMR
2009 KTM 690 Enduro
2017 KTM 450 EXC-F
1981 Husqvarna 420 AE
1965 Husqvarna 250

Return to “Safety”