Speed tickets from Luxembourg

General chat, anything goes, off topic. That sort of thing.
Rasher
expert

Speed tickets from Luxembourg

Postby Rasher » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:56 pm

I managed to pick up two speeding tickets on my last trip to Luxembourg, and my mate also got one. It seems 5kph over the limit on the main roads is all that is needed, reading the ticket it implies they only give a 2kph leeway.

It is only 49 Euros and no pints on my UK licence so not particularly damaging, maybe more damaging to their tourist industry if I decide to go to the Vosges / Black Forest / Morvan for my next trip.

The fines rise to 145 Euros if you are more than 21kph over the speed limit - not difficult on most motorcycles built after 1940.

KR1S
expert

Re: Speed tickets from Luxembourg

Postby KR1S » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:51 pm

http://www.speedingeurope.com/luxembourg/

This site, and the link to Luxembourg police, suggest they allow up to 4kph leeway. Still pretty strict. More than ever the challenge is to find roads that are fun below the speed limit. A pre-1940 bike would probably make this easier :)

BourneToRide
expert

Postby BourneToRide » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:06 am

What did they use to catch you, Gatso style fixed camera with radar, man in a van with Laser, helicopter timing you over 2 painted blobs on the road.
Need more info as I am never below the limit unless its raining :oops:
[img]http://website.lineone.net/~stephen_binks/ninjas/bourne.gif[/img]

Rasher
expert

Postby Rasher » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:58 am

Fixed roadside cameras, but I had not seen these type before so ride by blissfully unaware on the 1st one, my mate pointed them out later that day, the second one I either did not spot or had not slowed enough - 2 mph FFS!

I am fairly certain they are only on the big main roads through Lux - otherwise I would of had many more, I am sure it will only be a matter of time if they are making good money from the ones already deployed.

Return to “General Chat”