Hotel Le Marronnier Vercors, France

Karza
expert

Hotel Le Marronnier Vercors, France

Postby Karza » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:33 pm

www.hotellemarronnier.com :shock: :shock: Will test next summer in 2008. In the tiny village named Rencurel, in Vercors area. Looks very biker friendly and cosy place. :roll: Will report next summer after visit.

orestesdjc

Postby orestesdjc » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:43 am

Stayed there for 3 nights in June on the way down to Corsica. The rooms are a bit on the basic side(its an old building)but the staff are very friendly and the food and drink is superb. The roads in the area are spectacular, some are cut into notches 400+ m up a cliff face. Look here for a few photos [url]http://www.grenoblecycling.com/the-Vercors.htm[/url] The Col de Romeyere was one of my favourites.

Dave

Karza
expert

Postby Karza » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:26 am

Thanks Dave, excellent information. Wonderful food and drinks are the main thing after ride, rooms are just for sleeping... :D :D I guess we will have a great 4 days in Vercors before next July?s AR-meet in Barcelonnette. :roll:

Karza
expert

Postby Karza » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:45 am

We have now booking there for 20 persons in July...cant wait... :D :D :D

orestesdjc

Postby orestesdjc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:59 pm

Its very poor quality and I wouldn't normally post it but this [url]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YHK4EthJPgQ[/url] video will give you some idea of the roads in the area.

The owner of the hotel will give plenty of advice on routes for you but for a variety of roads try Gorges Le Bourne-Alpe d'Huez- Col de Sarenne-loop back to Bourg d'Oisans then the Col d'Ornon to la Mure- D526 through Mens and on to the Col de Menee returning to the Le Marronier via the Col de Rousset.

Have fun

dave

Karza
expert

Postby Karza » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:25 am

The night before coming to Le Marronnier, we stay in Valloire. So from Valloire our route will go like this: Col De Galibier-Alpe D?Huez-Col D?Ornon-Mure-Mens-Col De Menee-Col Du Rousset-... :shock: :shock:

And the next day we will visit Mont Ventoux and the last day there we will spend all the day on the roads in the Vercors area and villages. :roll: ..then on thursday morning start to fabulous/great/thursty Alpineroads.com-meet 2008 "Bonette" in Barcelonnette. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Karza
expert

Postby Karza » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:46 am

Le Marronnier was an excellent choice. :D Fantastic roads nearby,Col Du Rousset, etc., beautiful landscape, so "French" atmosphere(positively), delicious food, beautiful and so nice ladies in staff, funny guardian dog in hotel, pool, and the owners are bikers too, speaking good english. 8) 8)

Place where have to get back soon.. :D Highly recommended! :wink:
And the weather in July was all days just perfect.

Karza
expert

Postby Karza » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:12 am

Highly recommended if you go to Grenoble area! 8)

Karza
expert

Re: Hotel Le Marronnier Vercors, France

Postby Karza » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:51 am

Next summer 2018 will be 10 years since our first visit in Le Marronnier. =D> And I must say its been one of the best bikerhouses ever on my routes in Alps. I always feel there I ve come to home again, staff is so friendly, food is tasty, beer is cold, in July the weather is excellent to enjoy the pool :D :D and the roads around are great with low traffic.

So its great to visit there again, we have the reservation already for July 2018. :wink:

Rasher
expert

Re: Hotel Le Marronnier Vercors, France

Postby Rasher » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:51 am

It is one of those places where I am happy to go a bit out of my way to stay there, 2018 "plans" are all over the place, should know more in a week or two, if going to the Alps is will be the mid section of RDGA plus a nice route there and back, might try to work a visit here into those plans.

We are thinking of an early June run, or if not maybe early September, June for the huge snow banks and a different look to the Alps, or September to dodge the worst of the Heat and Traffic.

Return to “France - Hotels and B&B”