Ravens Tour to AR16

Add and discuss your favourite roads and places. Also trip reports.
The raven
Legend

Re: Ravens Tour to AR16

Postby The raven » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:16 am

The final day I spent riding around locally and taking some video, then back to the hotel and the shade to re-pack and tidy the junk in the panniers and top box ready for leaving the next day.
So it was the usual sad farewells in the morning and I set off back up the canyon des ecouges, I was following pie man and Ballast, got passed by kr1s
and then turned off toward Voirens and the Chartreuse.
over the years I have found it depressing to just leave the alps and hit the motorway for a dash home :cry: so this year I retraced a few of the routes from the past.
the chartreuse is beautiful and I meandered through tiny roads loving it 8) [attachment=2]
chartreause.jpg
chartreause.jpg (35.54 KiB) Viewed 1062 times

next was a skirt through the Jura and on to Belfort for my overnight stay. The Jura is again beautiful and indeed a holiday base in its own right.
[attachment=1]
jura.JPG
jura.JPG (65.94 KiB) Viewed 1062 times

Keeping to the French side of the swiss border I headed to Remnot and rode the D437 along the Doubs river and the Rue de la grottes
it is spectacular and I stopped in a cave to grab some lunch and some shade.[attachment=5]
rue de la grottes.JPG
rue de la grottes.JPG (38.26 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
[attachment=4]
rue de la grottes 2.JPG
rue de la grottes 2.JPG (39.15 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
[attachment=3]
rue de la grottes 3.JPG
rue de la grottes 3.JPG (34.17 KiB) Viewed 1062 times

I got near Belfort and took a little road I thought would be a shortcut to the motel. #-o
it got smaller and become a farm track and then a dirt track :shock:
I could see the motel so carried on and it became a dirt road again :wink: But just as I got to the Motel it was blocked by boulders :roll:
I aimed the wing at the biggest gap and got through ok. I didn't take a pic but found it on streetview. the boulders are a little wider apart in the streetview.pic[attachment=0]
belfort.JPG
belfort.JPG (52.87 KiB) Viewed 1062 times