Error detected on your site

Any suggestions for improvements, wish lists, things you would like changed on AlpineRoads.com or this forum.
mpuputti

Error detected on your site

Postby mpuputti » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:20 am

On the page listing passes of the South Austria seems to have a wrong map (the map covers the Dolomites).

MP

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:03 am

Quite right. Complete rubbish, wasn't it?
Thanks, it should be sorted now.

Motorcycle Pete
speaker

Another Map glitch...

Postby Motorcycle Pete » Sun May 04, 2008 7:33 am

Hi Tim- this may have been noted before; if so, please forgive me.. :oops:

On the Dolomite map, the road south from Corvara is of course, Passo di Campolongo, as correctly described in the text. When one "points" to it, on the map, it reads " Sella ??" Also, just northeast is Passo di Valparola, again, correctly described in the text. It just reads "???" when pointed to.

I find that "point at the map" feature to be incredibly helpful....sometimes it's hard to match up a somewhat obscure route to the map (ok, I need better maps!) :lol:

Thanks for all your hard work- this site is vunderbar, tres bien, molto bene, and generally just the cat's meow... :D MPete Oregon USA
Motorcycle Pete - ST1100 Pan European

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun May 04, 2008 10:11 am

Pete,
thanks for that heads up. Are you using IE? I can see it now, as I use Opera :) I'll fix it as soon as I get time.

I realise I need better maps on the site too. :(

Motorcycle Pete
speaker

Postby Motorcycle Pete » Mon May 05, 2008 10:24 am

[quote="tim"]Pete,
thanks for that heads up. Are you using IE? I can see it now, as I use Opera :) :(

Hi Tim- I'm totally embarrassed- I had to look up "Opera"- idjut yank... :lol: Yes, IE7? (I think) comes bundled with new Vista equipped laptops...not what we want necessarily, but what we get! :evil:

Mozilla Firefox is wildly popular here now, for those who don't like what they are force-fed. It appears that Safari and Opera are a distant third and fourth. I do read that I could download Opera for free, should it be a serious issue.

I have also noted that the central Austria maps have been a bit spotty for me, in terms of whether the "point and identify" feature works (at all). Not to worry....we fanatics pour over our maps with magnifiers, to find every bleedin' pass road that exists! :wink:
Motorcycle Pete - ST1100 Pan European